You’ve probably heard of business coaches, financial coaches, life coaches, and even TikTok coaches, and there’s a chance you’ve considered hiring one or joining one of their programs before.
As a business owner, there are ENDLESS options of people to learn from, and honestly, that can be a blessing and a curse.
On one side, you’re thankful that there are tons of resources out there to help you with specific needs for your business, but on the other side, you might be left wondering, WHO is the right fit for me?
How do I know who I need to hire and learn from? How do I know which program or course will serve me best?
And I get it – this can be super confusing to figure out, and I’ve definitely experienced this myself.
The reason this happens is because many of these coaches have a lot of things in common and teach very similar things.
For example, most business coaches work to help you improve professionally and achieve your business goals through guidance, support, and expertise.
There are tons of them out there, so it really just comes down to who YOU resonate with the most.
At different times in your business (especially as you approach a new year), you may find yourself wanting a certain type of support and coaching, but you might be struggling to know what type of guidance is the best fit.
It’s for this reason that I’ve created a list of questions you can ask yourself to help you gain clarity, so you can know what type of coach is right for you in your current season of business.
How To Know What Type Of Coach Is Right For You
To get a better understanding of what type of coach will serve you best in business, it’s important to reflect on these questions:
- Are you a new or seasoned business owner?
- Is your business in a season of major change / are you pivoting in any way?
- Are you looking to scale and advance in your current niche / industry?
- What is your current biggest challenge or struggle in your business?
- What are some things that you know you need to focus on in your business, but that you keep avoiding?
- What is a skill or area that you want to improve in your business in the next few months?
Your answers to these questions can help guide you in choosing a coach or program that will serve you best!
For example, let’s say that you KNOW you need to launch a new website to better reflect your business, but you keep avoiding writing your website copy.
You know that you could hire someone to do it for you, but you really want to improve your copywriting skills since it’s something that impacts all parts of your business – not just your website.
In that case, you might consider working with a copy coach so you can focus on this one part of your business.
And yes… copy coaches exist. In fact, I’m one of them. 😏
What Is A Copy Coach?
If you’re unfamiliar with what a copy coach is, let me explain!
A copy coach is someone who specializes in helping business owners improve their writing skills for marketing purposes.
“Copy” refers to any words you use in marketing – whether it’s on your website, in your emails, on social media, or any other promotional content – aimed to speak to your ideal audience and move them into further action.
And no, that “further action” doesn’t always mean buying something from you!
It can mean signing up for your email list, downloading a freebie, reading a blog post, etc.
When you choose to work with a copy coach, you can expect to focus on things like:
- Improving your copywriting skills that can be applied to various parts of your business
- Understanding your ideal audience so you can write words that successfully speak to their wants, needs, desires, pain points, etc.
- Getting clear on your message so you can ensure that your copy resonates with your audience and drives desired actions
- Define a consistent tone and voice for your brand across all channels and platforms
- Learning strategies and tactics to optimize your copy for improved conversion
With those things in mind, here are some signs that YOU might need a copy coach in your business. ⬇️
Signs You Might Need A Copy Coach
As a creative business owner, have you ever found yourself stuck in a cycle of serving less-than-ideal clients who don’t light you up?
Maybe you feel frustrated with the direction your business is going, but the radio silence when you promote your offers makes you feel like you are the reason your business isn’t succeeding.
I hear you, but I’m here to say… it’s NOT your fault and you CAN fix it!
✔️want to stop relying on your portfolio to convey your impact and instead start connecting with your ideal client through words
✔️want to stop looking at your competition’s website to see how they portray their value and instead start trusting your own story to move your business forward
✔️want to stop building your business on property that you don’t own (I’m looking at you Instagram) and instead create a website that you’re proud of that sells for you consistently
It might be time that a copy coach becomes your bestie! And 2024 could be the year you make that happen.
How To Work With A Copy Coach In 2024
Allow me to introduce you to Storysale – a 3-month group coaching program for creatives to market their magic ✨
With Storysale, you’ll receive:
- 7, 60-minute group coaching Zoom calls with me
- 2, 60-minute guest coaching Zoom calls with guest experts
- Weekly 1:1 Voxer access to ask any questions you have about marketing your services, creating offers that your clients will love, brand messaging, and more
- 1:1 Intensives – every month of our program, students will schedule 1:1 intensives with me to put your website copy, SEO page titles and meta descriptions, and email welcome sequence to work for YOUR business and your ideal client. That’s nearly SEVEN hours of 1:1, done-with-you writing and strategy time with me!
CLICK HERE to learn more and find out when doors open for the next round!